- Posted by membership
- On April 21, 2023
The 2022 AGM in brief
On Monday 17 April Trustees, Executive Council members, BSS members and corporate sponsors were invited to gather together in our hybrid AGM to reflect on our 2022 activities.
Headlines from this week’s AGM reflecting on our work in 2022:
- We enjoyed an ever-growing vibrant events programme in both Britain and Spain
- Our number of members grew steadily with an increased net growth
- We fulfilled our charitable by supporting 7 scholars with scholarships totalling £57k
- We had, financially, our most successful year in a decade, our reserves also increased and we continued to keep costs low
- Brian Douglas and Justin Ellis were reappointed to the Board of Trustees
- We welcomed two new trustees to the Board; Anna Swinfield and Michael Morley
- We welcomed two new Executive Council members; Ana Romero and Victoria Oakden
- We celebrated 10 years of Jimmy Burns’ chairmanship
- David Hurst led a tribute to much loved BSS friend and former Trustee Paul Pickering
Following the official business we had a lively discussion sharing ideas for future growth of the Society.
Thank you to everyone who attended the meeting, we look forward to more successes in 2023.